This post contains affiliate links. We earn an affiliate commission when you click our links to purchase products. It has no added cost to you.
There are numerous powdered supplements available to support your energy in daily activities. However, they are not the same, particularly the benefits, which vary depending on the formula. If you’re wondering about the difference between Liquid IV vs Emergen C, this blog post is for you. WhichChoose discusses which of them is the best energy drink mix right now below. Let’s get started!
Liquid IV Vs Emergen C: About Product
Powdered drink mix
A wide range of different flavors
Enhances mental clarity
Powdered drink mix and effervescent tablets
Different flavors are available
A great source of vitamin C
1.1 Liquid IV
Liquid IV is a company of electrolyte drink mixes that are used to boost users’ daily hydration and energy levels. With its products, you get 3x times faster hydration than water alone.
They come in small, easy packages that you can carry everywhere and mix with water to use. Each pack (or stick) provides 12 fluid oz and comes in various different flavors. Liquid IV is recommended for its high amounts of electrolytes with B vitamins and vitamin C which are all essential for anyone to go about the day.
One stick has 3x the electrolytes and five vitamins of standard sports drinks.
Rehydrate and recharge your batteries.
Stay away from hangovers and associated effects.
Avoid anxiety and tension.
Help you stay hydrated and receive a caffeine-based energy boost.
It’s made with guayusa, ginger, and matcha.
It is an energy drink combination that contains no GMOs.
Maintain and fortify the immune system.
Convenient, on-the-go digestive support.
Beneficial bacteria fermented drink.
This product has lactobacilli.
It destroys germs and yeast.
Melatonin, L-Theanine, and Valerian root help you sleep faster.
1.2 Emergen C
Emergen C serves more as a powdered drink mix vitamin C supplement yet with notable amounts of B vitamins as well. Both vitamins B and C are vital because they build up the defense of your body to fight against injections, strengthen immunity and increase energy levels.
Emergen C was first introduced in 1978 in the USA, so it has covered a wide range of customers to date. It’s a legit and well-known brand, and unsurprisingly, there are tons of positive customer reviews about it.
However, Liquid IV (since 2012) is not an easy-going competitor to Emergen C. It has a wide variety of product categories to offer. And most importantly, it hydrates you more effectively while providing essential vitamins to your body. Emergen C does not include electrolytes or rehydration boosters.
Will those factors decide that Liquid IV is better than Emergen C? People are wondering about this, so we are here to clarify it. Scrolling down to find out.
Natural caffeine from green tea
Plus seven B vitamins and vitamin C
High potency of vitamin C
Antioxidants and electrolytes
Liquid IV Vs Emergen C: Ingredients
2.1. Liquid IV
Liquid IV offers hydration drink mix products, so there must be electrolytes in its formula. Apart from that, there are insignificant amounts of vitamin C, B vitamins, and more as well. Let’s break them down below.
- Sodium: It is a chemical element that the human body needs to balance bodily fluids , send nerve impulses, regulate blood pressure, and relax muscles. Lack of sodium can cause low energy, headaches, brain swelling, and even seizures.
- Potassium: This is one of the most important minerals  in your body, with the same benefits as Sodium. Potassium helps prevent stroke, water retention, and kidney stones.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C has the antioxidant properties that protect the body from free radicals that are responsible for many diseases.
- Vitamin B5: This vitamin breaks down carbohydrates and fats for energy. It also helps produce red blood cells.
- Vitamin B6: This vitamin promotes brain growth and the normal function of the nervous system and immunity.
- Vitamin B12: This vitamin is beneficial in various ways. Especially it promotes the production of DNA in your body and supports brain health and metabolism.
- Niacin: Known as vitamin B3. It lowers the bad cholesterol in your body and builds high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol. It gives you more energy and boosts brain function.
2.2. Emergen C
- Vitamin C: The main component that makes up Emergen C. As mentioned earlier, this vitamin is an essential antioxidant for the body to prevent humans from dangerous diseases , including cancers.
- B vitamins: Emergen C gathers nearly the entire family of B vitamins in its formulation. They are all the nutrients that boost your energy and help with brain development.
- Vitamin D: A healthy immune system is associated with a
- Zinc: This nutrient is a must-have in the body. Zinc deficiency can cause slow growth in all bodily organs and decrease energy.
Liquid IV Vs Emergen C: Nutritional Information
3.1 Liquid IV
Overall, Liquid IV is all about electrolytes, which are sodium and potassium. These two nutrients are in high amounts in a liquid IV drink mix packet.
- Calories: 45
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Potassium: 380g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
3.2 Emergen C
Emergen C can also boost your energy, yet primarily with vitamins instead. We have found no electrolytes in its formula. But the amount of vitamin C is impressive.
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: 6g
- Vitamin C: 1000mg
- Vitamin B6: 10mg
- Vitamin B12: 25mcg
Liquid IV Vs Emergen C: Pros And Cons
Provides electrolytes that triple hydration
A go-to drink mix for athletes and people with daily activities
60-day satisfaction guarantee
No GMO, fat free
Some variants of Liquid IV have much caffeine.
Mixing it with water to use can be a struggle for some.
Excellent therapy for colds and flu
High potency of vitamin C and antioxidants
Individuals with sickle cell anemia and G6PD deficiency are not recommended to use that much vitamin C.
Overall, it’s tough to compare Liquid IV vs Emergen C regarding their pros and cons. Typically, each has different health benefits. So, depending on your needs, either of them can be the best option. Nonetheless, we appreciate that Liquid IV offers us a 60-day money-back guarantee which we don’t have with Emergen C.
Liquid IV Vs Emergen C: Are They Safe To Use?
5.1 Liquid IV
Liquid IV is a safe powder drink mix for most people who want to stay hydrated. It has been on the market for a decade and has received positive reviews from actual users. However, sugar and sodium content might be high for some people. If that’s a concern for you, we believe it’s necessary to speak to your doctor before taking Liquid IV.
5.2 Emergen C
Overall, Emergen C is a safe product if you take only one dose per day. Taking over 2000mg of vitamin C daily can cause many side effects like stomach cramps, nausea, or vomiting. If you experience any of them, discontinue using the product for a short while and then get back at it with the recommended dose.
Liquid IV Vs Emergen C: Pricing
Most Liquid IV products start at $24.99/bag of 16 packets, which means $1.47/packet. However, Liquid IV Sleep Multiplier is lower priced, at $23.99. You can only have this price with a 30-day refund guarantee on its official website.
Categorized by a health benefit
60-day money-back guarantee
Meanwhile, Emergen C costs differently based on the different benefits of its products. For instance, Emergen C Energy+ costs only $10.99, while Emergen C Immune+ Super costs $24.50. We are not sure why such a big difference exists here, yet we believe it does not matter because you should only buy the item that meets your needs.
All in all, Liquid IV vs Emergen C — which one is the best? The answer depends on your needs, whether you’re looking for electrolytes or vitamin C. If you are looking for drink mixes to support your hydration and dehydration, Liquid IV is a must. However, suppose you want more vitamin C into your daily absorption to battle against colds and hazardous diseases, opt for Emergen C. That’s that simple.
However, this comparison could come to a final verdict that Liquid is the winner for the best energy booster. It has electrolytes that fuel the body and mind to function, usually while keeping you hydrated daily. The brand, therefore, targets users who are professional athletes, sportsmen, and those with daily activities. If you are in a nine-to-five job, you should find Liquid IV needed as well. WhichChoose hopes this Liquid IV vs Emergen C has been helpful.
-  Mente, A., O’Donnell, M., & Yusuf, S. (2021). Sodium Intake and Health: What Should We Recommend Based on the Current Evidence?. Nutrients, 13(9), 3232. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8468043/
-  Weaver C. M. (2013). Potassium and health. Advances in nutrition (Bethesda, Md.), 4(3), 368S–77S. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3650509/
-  Chambial, S., Dwivedi, S., Shukla, K. K., John, P. J., & Sharma, P. (2013). Vitamin C in disease prevention and cure: an overview. Indian journal of clinical biochemistry: IJCB, 28(4), 314–328. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3783921/
WhichChoose is the website products and services review that helps users in the world to find what the best is and shop easily.