Hydration drink mixes are important for you if you’re a daily active person. Whether new to them or not, you might have heard of the two electrolyte brands we’ll discuss in this post. BioSteel vs Liquid IV might resolve your electrolyte imbalance during physical activities, but which one has the upper hand over another? WhichChoose will compare them with each other by critical factors in this post.
Liquid IV Vs BioSteel: Introduction
Based in the US
Powered by CTT
No artificial sweeteners
Based in Canada
No artificial colors
Increase energy levels
Helps with muscle recovery
1.1. Liquid IV
Liquid IV is a sports drink mix brand powered by Cellular Transport Technology (CTT), which was designed as a delivery system to promote the quick absorption of water and essential ingredients into the human bloodstream. It provides a wide range of electrolyte supplements in powdered form that you mix with water to use.
The company was established in 2012 and now serves millions of people across the United States and worldwide. All products are categorized to have different effects on your body. Overall, they help you stay hydrated, dehydrated and energized while supporting your immune system.
BioSteel is a Canadian brand that produces sports hydration products for a wide range of users, from exercise enthusiasts to professional athletes. Like Liquid IV, BioSteel offers a hydration mix featuring essential electrolytes to keep your overall well-being throughout the day.
Most favorite item from BioSteel
Biosteel Vs Liquid IV: Flavors
It’s apparent that Liquid offers more flavors than BioSteel does. When a brand comes with many different flavors and tastes, it ensures the users wouldn’t get bored using the product. It also understands that individuals uphold different tastes, so you’re guaranteed to find what you want with various options on the tables.
According to our research, lemon-lime is the best-sold flavor in the Hydration Multiplier range of Liquid IV. It tastes just like citrus, is refreshing, and makes you feel like summer. Meanwhile, people love the berry flavors in BioSteel. As true to its name, it tastes like a mix of berries that most kids and young adults favor.
Liquid IV Vs BioSteel: Ingredients
3.1 Liquid IV
Liquid IV contains a cutting-edge blend of Vitamin C, B6, B12, Panthothenic Acid, and Niacin. All are equal to 110% of the daily value and contribute to energy release.
- Vitamin C can benefit you in different ways regarding the skin and the internal functioning of your body. Primarily, it protects your body  against inflammation and repairs body tissues. Besides healing us, it promotes the iron absorption necessary for physical and psychological growth.
- Vitamin B6 is essential to nourish your brain and maintain a healthy immune system. A study shows that B6 deficiency is associated with various diseases , such as diabetes and cancers.
- Vitamin B12 plays a crucial role in metabolism and red blood cell formation. It’s best known for keeping your nervous system healthy and bettering your skin.
- Panthothenic Acid, known as Vitamin B5, is responsible for fat and carbohydrate breakdown. Also, it makes blood cells and supports the function of brain cells. A study in 2022 has proven that vitamin B5 can stimulate anti-cancer immunosurveillance .
- Niacin is known as an effective cholesterol treatment. Studies show that niacin increases the good HDL cholesterol in your body, lowering triglycerides and enhancing cardiovascular health.
The BioSteel Sports Hydration Mix contains a blend of comparatively impressive nutrients listed below.
- B Vitamins are vital in making our bodies work while supporting cellular functions. It helps transport all nutrients throughout the bloodstream and keeps the nervous system healthy .
- L-Valine is needed for muscles to grow. It also aids in brain development and sleeps quality.
- Glycine can help lower the chance of diabetes by encouraging insulin response in our bodies. Some studies also discover its ability to stimulate serotonin production. Serotonin is the ‘positive’ hormone that boosts our mood and thinking.
- Taurine regulates blood pressure, eliminates fat in our blood, and reduces anxiety . It’s an antioxidant that also protects us from injections.
- Stevia is a healthy sugar substitute that ensures healthy blood sugar levels and low-calorie intake. A study shows that Stevia has anti-cancer properties.
- L-Leucine is essential in promoting protein synthesis, metabolism, and tissue regeneration.
- L-Isoleucine is an amino acid that supports immunity, fatty acid metabolism, and glucose transportation. Overall, it can enhance physical and psychological performance.
- L-glutamine is responsible for the development of intestinal and immune cells. This substance can be found in various supplements designed for athletes to support their heart health .
- Spirulina Extract has a wealth of vitamins and minerals essential for a healthy immune system. Besides, it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that speed up wound healing.
Biosteel Vs Liquid IV: Nutrition Facts
Below are the nutrition facts of BioSteel vs Liquid IV. We’ve summarized the mineral content and vitamins in both hydration drink mixes to have a quick insight into what they offer. We’ve calculated the numbers in terms of Daily Recommended Value per serving of a 2000-calorie diet.
Overall, Liquid IV offers a higher quantity of electrolytes, minerals, and vitamins per serving (16 grams) than BioSteel. In fact, BioSteel offers deficient nutrients per serving (6.3 grams).
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||138%||0%|
|Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||219%||50%|
|Sugar||11 grams||0 grams|
Liquid IV Vs Biosteel: Pro And Cons
Boosts your focus
Has greater brand recognition
Higher in electrolytes and essential minerals
Has vitamin C to support overall wellness
Free shipping plus a 60-day money-back guarantee
Has magnesium and calcium
Has lower carbs and calories
Offers more frequent promotions
Lower in electrolytes
Overall, there are higher amounts of minerals (including electrolytes) and vitamins in Liquid IV than in BioSteel. However, BioSteel contains no caffeine and added sugar, which might be a plus point for some people. Nonetheless, with a minor quantity of these substances found in Liquid IV, it can support your focus throughout the day without any side effects.
Liquid IV Vs Biosteel: Pricing
6.1 Liquid IV
Generally, the Liquid IV price starts at $24.99 per 16-packet bag. For each powdered drink mix stick, it costs you around $1.5. The brand offers you free shipping if you order in the US. Also, if you are unhappy with the products, you can contact their customer support team to start a refund process within 60 days.
A 12-serving pack of BioSteel’s hydration mix costs $16.99, while 20 servings cost $24.99. BioSteel offers a subscription plan for their sports drink. This option allows you to receive your orders on a schedule that you can cancel anytime.
All in all, BioSteel vs Liquid IV — which is better? We recommend Liquid IV because it ensures you get sufficient electrolytes and other minerals during your workouts or usual daily activities. We also appreciate that Liquid IV has given back to the community over their years of work. With each purchase, they donate a serving to someone in need worldwide. As of September 2021, the company has donated over 16 million servings to impoverished communities and hospitals around the globe.
Although we cannot deny that BioSteel produces good sports supplements, Liquid IV performs best in providing what the people in need of better hydration need. With just a hydration mix packet for a 12-fluid-oz serving, you’ll get three times faster hydration than water alone and have sufficient energy to go about the day. WhichChoose hopes this BioSteel vs Liquid IV comparison has brought you good insights!
-  Doseděl, M., Jirkovský, E., Macáková, K., Krčmová, L. K., Javorská, L., Pourová, J., Mercolini, L., Remião, F., Nováková, L., Mladěnka, P., & On Behalf Of The Oemonom (2021). Vitamin C-Sources, Physiological Role, Kinetics, Deficiency, Use, Toxicity, and Determination. Nutrients, 13(2), 615. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7918462/
-  Stach, K., Stach, W., & Augoff, K. (2021). Vitamin B6 in Health and Disease. Nutrients, 13(9), 3229. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8467949/
-  Bourgin, M., Kepp, O., & Kroemer, G. (2022). Immunostimulatory effects of vitamin B5 improve anticancer immunotherapy. Oncoimmunology, 11(1), 2031500. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8794238/
-  Baltrusch S. (2021). The Role of Neurotropic B Vitamins in Nerve Regeneration. BioMed research international, 2021, 9968228. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8294980/
-  Baliou, S., Adamaki, M., Ioannou, P., Pappa, A., Panayiotidis, M. I., Spandidos, D. A., Christodoulou, I., Kyriakopoulos, A. M., & Zoumpourlis, V. (2021). Protective role of taurine against oxidative stress (Review). Molecular medicine reports, 24(2), 605. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8240184/
-  Durante W. (2019). The Emerging Role of l-Glutamine in Cardiovascular Health and Disease. Nutrients, 11(9), 2092. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6769761/
WhichChoose is the website products and services review that helps users in the world to find what the best is and shop easily.